Welcome to the AOAAM
Addiction Medicine Board Certification Review Course
Saturday, October 3 - Sunday, October 4, 2020
The AOAAM review course is designed to assist physicians who have qualified to take the American Osteopathic Association board sub-specialty certification exam in addiction medicine. The course is based on topics of the AOA exam and features expert speakers in the field of addiction medicine.
The AOAAM Addiction Medicine Board Certification Review Course is being held virtually on Saturday, October 3rd from 7:30am- 5:00pm EST, and Sunday, October 4th, 2020 from 8:00am-5:00pm EST. This two-day course will showcase the vast and in-depth knowledge of top experts who will cover content related to Addiction Medicine from neurobiology and genetics to opioids, substance use disorders, medical marijuana, benzodiazepines, medical co-morbidities, psychosocial treatments, prevention and more.
Please browse the conference site to familiarize yourself with navigating the different tabs. Below is a brief overview of what content can be found on each page:
- Home: Conference registration, links to the Sessions and On-Demand content, Resources, and information on where to apply for the Certification Exam.
- Programs & Sessions: Broken down by day, this is where you will access the live sessions.
- Resources: Materials related to the live sessions as well as industry articles and more.
- On-Demand: All enduring sessions will be housed here.
- FAQs: Having trouble logging into a session? Technical difficulties? Want to know where to get your session certificates? It's all under the FAQ tab.
*An email link to Tech Support can also be found on the left sidebar of each page*
Learning Objectives & Outcomes
AOAAM REVIEW COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
1. Prepare physicians for the AOA subspecialty certification exam in addiction medicine
2. Review and increase knowledge of core topics in addiction medicine
3. Improve test taking skills
1. Physicians will be better prepared to pass the AOA subspecialty certification exam in addiction medicine
2. Physicians will have an increased understanding of essential addiction medicine issues
The American Osteopathic Academy of Addiction Medicine Board Review Course is focused on preparation for the American Osteopathic Association subspecialty certification exam in addiction medicine. AOAAM is not responsible for any errors or omissions or consequences related to the contents of the AOA subspecialty certification exam.
The American Osteopathic Academy of Addiction Medicine is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians.
The live virtual course is designated for a maximum of xxx hours of AOA Category 1-A CME credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
*You must complete the steps below to earn 1-A CME Credit:
1. Complete the Evaluation.
2. Complete the final CME Quiz. You must complete the CME quiz with a score of 70% or better, within a maximum of three (3) attempts, within 10 days of the course.
BOARD PREP ASSURANCE
If you do not pass the AOA Addiction Medicine Subspecialty Board Exam after attending the AOAAM Review Course, you may attend one AOAAM Review Course within 12 months of your AOA notification date, and not pay for the registration fee, and/or you may receive access to our OnDemand AOAAM Review Course. To qualify, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the AOA notification letter of your test results and the option you select.
AOA Addiction Medicine Certification Exam
Ready to take the Certification Exam? Visit the American Osteopathic Conjoint Examination Committee on Addiction Medicine website to apply.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|