Available On-demand +
Live Q&A sessions before each exam
Fall 2022 Live Q&A Sessions October 4th, 6th & 10th
The AOAAM review course is designed to assist physicians who have qualified to take the American Osteopathic Association board sub-specialty certification exam in addiction medicine. The course is based on topics of the AOA exam and features expert speakers in the field of addiction medicine.
This on-demand course includes a vast and in-depth knowledge of top experts who cover content related to Addiction Medicine from neurobiology and genetics to opioids, substance use disorders, medical marijuana, benzodiazepines, medical co-morbidities, psychosocial treatments, prevention and more. This course offers 27 hours of AOA Category 1-A CME credits or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Learning Objectives & Outcomes
AOAAM REVIEW COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES
1. Prepare physicians for the AOA subspecialty certification exam in addiction medicine
2. Review and increase knowledge of core topics in addiction medicine
3. Improve test taking skills
1. Physicians will be better prepared to pass the AOA subspecialty certification exam in addiction medicine
2. Physicians will have an increased understanding of essential addiction medicine issues
The American Osteopathic Academy of Addiction Medicine Board Review Course is focused on preparation for the American Osteopathic Association subspecialty certification exam in addiction medicine. AOAAM is not responsible for any errors or omissions or consequences related to the contents of the AOA subspecialty certification exam.
The American Osteopathic Academy of Addiction Medicine is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians.
MAXIMUM 27 HOURS CME
This virtual course is designated for a maximum of 27 hours of AOA Category 1-A CME Credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
The American Osteopathic Association designates this virtual conference for a maximum of 27 hours of AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
After completing the course, you must complete the evaluation and claim your certificate to receive credits.
Board Prep Assurance
If you do not pass the AOA Addiction Medicine Subspecialty Board Exam after attending the AOAAM Review Course, you may retain access to our OnDemand AOAAM Review Course. To qualify, email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the AOA notification letter of your test results and the option you select.
Evaluation & Certificate
You may not access the Final Evaluation until you have completed all required sessions. Once you have completed all required sessions, you may then complete the required evaluation to claim your certificate. The Evaluation and Certificates are available HERE.
Use our Session Tracking Form to keep track of the sessions you have completed.
AOA Addiction Medicine Certification Exam
- Addiction Medicine Subspecialty Certification Process
- Learn more about eligibility requirements for the Addiction Medicine Subspecialty Certification.
Ready to take the Certification Exam? Visit the American Osteopathic Conjoint Examination Committee on Addiction Medicine website to apply. MDs now welcome to apply, an AOA number is required to apply. Contact the AOA at email@example.com if you need a number.
Use this link to contact the AOA with any questions related to the exam (registration, results, etc.).
Please browse the Review Course site to familiarize yourself with navigating the different tabs. Below is a brief overview of what content can be found on each page:
- Home: Conference registration, links to On-Demand content, Resources, and information on where to apply for the Certification Exam.
- Programs & Sessions: Access to required sessions.
- Resources: Materials related to the live sessions as well as industry articles and more.
- FAQs: Having trouble logging into a session? Technical difficulties? Want to know where to get your session certificates? It's all under the FAQ tab.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
AOA Addiction Medicine Board Certification
The next exam will be offered November 7-9, 2022 for both the initial and OCC (Recert) Addiction Medicine Certification Exam.
DOs and MDs Welcome to Apply!
Important Dates for the November 7-9, 2022 initial and OCC (Recert) Exams:
- June 1, 2022 - Application opens
- Sept. 1, 2022 - First application deadline
- Oct. 1, 2022 - Final application deadline
Optimal Browser Note
For optimal use, please only use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. Internet Explorer 11 is not compatible with this virtual platform.