For registration and login-related issues, please email Review@aoaam.org for assistance.
What do I need to register for a course?
Do I have to be a member to take the AOAAM CME courses offered?
How do I take the Review Course on-demand?
- No. All medical professionals are welcome to take any CME courses offered. Non-members must establish a username and password by Subscribing as a non-member.
How do I claim my CME/AOA certificate after completing the Addiction Medicine Review Course?
- This course offers 27 hours of AOA Category 1-A CME credits or AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. All sessions are listed once you have registered on the course page under the content tab. After you have completed all required sessions, you may then complete the required evaluation to claim your certificate.
- You will earn 26 CME hours for completing all on-demand sessions and an additional hour if you take the Test Taking Psychology and Strategies session.
The Addiction Medicine Review Course 27 credit hours:
- After completing all on-demand sessions, you can access the evaluation/certificate under the content tab of your course page.
I'm having technical difficulties or trouble registering.
- The Addiction Medicine Review Course is approved for up to 27 CME hours. There is one stand-alone CME hour, “Test Taking Psychology and Strategies,” that is available for CME. You are automatically registered for this with your Addiction Medicine Review Course registration. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
I am having trouble with streaming audio/ I can't hear the speaker through my computer speakers/ the streaming stopped… what do I do?
- We recommend you use a PC or MAC with an updated version of either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings and ensure that your internet browser is Active X enabled. WiFi is not recommended if you do not have a strong connection. We recommend a wired connection, which gives a consistent signal and consistent bandwidth, providing an overall better experience. Audio (sound) is projected through your computer speakers, so be sure your computer is equipped with speakers, or you have headphones plugged in.
The slides are not loading / I can't see the content / other technical issues...
- If you cannot hear any audio through your computer speakers first check to make sure your speakers are not muted, turned off, or on a low setting. The next step is to refresh your screen by pressing the F5 key on your keyboard or clicking the “refresh” button in your web browser. If that does not fix your audio, check your sound settings in your main computer settings and ensure you have the correct output device selected. You can troubleshoot further from there as well.
What if I forgot my username?
- Test your system upon receipt of this email to ensure you've downloaded and have access to the ZOOM platform. This Virtual Conference uses ZOOM Webinars to deliver you the presentations via screen sharing technology. To help speed up the process of entering a virtual session room, please download the ZOOM app at least 1 day before the conference. You can use this link to download and install the ZOOM app from the PC/MAC that you plan to use the day of the conference: Zoom Download
- Use the following link to test the PC/MAC that you plan to use the day of the conference to be sure it works with ZOOM: TestZoom. Be sure you are connected to a reliable internet connection during the test.
- Test your login and password.
What if I forgot my password?
Addiction Medicine Review Course & Exam InformationWhere do I apply to take the AOA Addiction Medicine Certification Exam?
- Your username is your email address.
Where do I find additional information about the Addiction Medicine Subspecialty Certification Process including Board Certification Exam Content Outline?
Addiction Medicine Clinical Practice Pathway Attestation form
- Visit the American Osteopathic Conjoint Examination Committee on America Osteopathic Association website here: Apply Here
required by the AOA. Submit it in the application process or email it to firstname.lastname@example.orgI have questions about the AOA Addiction Medicine Certification Exam.
What if I do not pass the exam?
- If you do not pass the AOA Addiction Medicine Subspecialty Board Exam after attending the AOAAM Review Course, you may attend one AOAAM Review Course within 12 months of your AOA notification date and not pay the registration fee, and/or you may receive access to our On-Demand AOAAM Review Course. To qualify, email email@example.com with a copy of the AOA notification letter of your test results and the option you prefer.
PCSS – Waiver TrainingDo I have to be a member to take the PCSS Office-Based Treatment for Opioid Use Disorders Webinar?
- This virtual activity has been approved for 27 AOA Category 1-A CME credits, and AOA designates this for a maximum of 27 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of the extent of their participation. This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and AOAAM. The AOA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. You must complete the steps below to earn 1-A CME Credit:
- Complete all on-demand sessions
- Complete the Evaluation
How do I receive my CME certificate/certificate of attendance for a waiver training?
- No. PCSS Office-Based Treatment for Opioid Use Disorders training's are free to everyone. To register, members must login and non-members must establish a username and password. Click here to subscribe as a non-member.
- CME Certificates: Once all components of the training have been successfully completed, your CME certificate will be emailed to you. All components must be completed within two weeks of webinar date.
- Certificates of Attendance (no CME) will be emailed to those who only complete the live webcast and do not qualify for CME. CME eligibility requirements are specified in the training description.
AOAAM CME Grievance Policy